AGD Fellows commit to oral care that goes above and beyond.
Distinguish yourself professionally by pursuing the AGD Fellowship Award. Earning Fellowship through the attainment of quality continuing education (CE) culminates with receipt of your award at the AGD Convocation Ceremony held each year during AGD’s Scientific Session.
- Maintain current AGD membership for three continuous years by Dec. 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation
- Have a dental license that has not been suspended or revoked within the past five years and is not currently under probation, suspension or revocation
- Pass the AGD Fellowship Exam
- Complete 500 hours of approved CE
- Attend the AGD Convocation Ceremony, held during the AGD Scientific Session, where you will receive the award; successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement
For more information, download the AGD FAGD Guidelines.
Apply for Fellowship
To receive your AGD Fellowship Award, you must submit an application and the required fee to AGD by Dec. 31 (to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline). Download the Fellowship Award Application, or request the application via email at email@example.com. Then, apply!
Any active general dentist or associate member who joined AGD after February 2010 will be subject to a 7-day waiting period prior to applying for or sitting for the AGD Fellowship Exam, in order to verify his or her membership status. AGD student members are not eligible to take the exam until they have attained their dental license and have transitioned from student to active AGD member. Active members are not required to complete their 500-hour CE requirement before applying for or sitting for the Fellowship Exam.
Effective April 1, 2022, the Fellowship Award Application fee will be increased to $780
Applications must be postmarked no later than Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. AGD’s Council on Dental Education will review your application by the end of March. You can expect to receive notification of the council’s decision by mail by mid-April.
*Includes the United States and Canada. Sourced from Statista and United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.