AGD Fellows commit to oral care that goes above and beyond.
Distinguish yourself professionally by pursuing the AGD Fellowship Award. Earning Fellowship through the attainment of quality continuing education (CE) culminates with receipt of your award at the AGD Convocation Ceremony held each year during AGD’s Scientific Session.
- Maintain current AGD membership for three continuous years by Dec. 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation.
- Have a dental license that has not been suspended or revoked within the past five years and is not currently under probation, suspension or revocation.
- Pass the AGD Fellowship Exam anytime as an AGD member. You do not need to complete 500 hours of CE before taking the exam.
- Complete 500 hours of approved CE.
- Attend the AGD Convocation Ceremony, held during the AGD Scientific Session, where you will receive the award; successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement.
For more information, download the AGD FAGD Guidelines.
Apply for Fellowship
To receive your AGD Fellowship Award, you must submit an application and the required fee to AGD by Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. Click on the blue APPLY FOR FELLOWSHIP box below to start the online application.
- You MUST be logged in under your AGD Member ID to access the application.
- The current application fee is $780. You must pay this fee by credit card when submitting your online application.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation email once the application and payment are received.
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for step-by-step directions on applying online for the AGD Fellowship Award.
Applications must be received no later than Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. AGD’s Council on Dental Education will review your application by the end of March. You can expect to receive notification of the council’s decision by mail by mid-April.
*Includes the United States and Canada. Sourced from Statista and United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.