Attention 2020 Fellowship and Master Awardees:
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we know many 2020 award applicants are concerned about attending the Convocation ceremony, scheduled for July 18, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV. While we sincerely hope that the pandemic will be contained within the next few weeks, the AGD will provide you with information of what to do should travel still be restricted in July.
Keep in mind, award applications are still under review. Final approval of all qualified applications is expected to occur by March 31, 2020. Notification of approval or denial will be sent to all applicants in early April. Additional information regarding receiving the award in 2020 should travel still be restricted in July will be included with this information. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGD Fellows commit to oral care that goes above and beyond.
Distinguish yourself professionally by pursuing the AGD Fellowship Award. Earning Fellowship through the attainment of quality continuing education (CE) culminates with receipt of your award at the AGD Convocation Ceremony held each year during AGD’s Scientific Session.
- Maintain current AGD membership for three continuous years by Dec. 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation
- Have a dental license that has not been suspended or revoked within the past five years and is not currently under probation, suspension or revocation
- Pass the AGD Fellowship Exam
- Complete 500 hours of approved CE
- Attend the AGD Convocation Ceremony, held during the AGD Scientific Session, where you will receive the award; successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement
For more information, download the AGD FAGD Guidelines.
Apply for Fellowship
To receive your AGD Fellowship Award, you must submit an application and the required fee to AGD by Dec. 31 (to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline). Download the Fellowship Award Application, or request the application via email at email@example.com. Then, apply!
Applications must be postmarked no later than Dec. 31 to be considered for the class immediately following the application deadline. AGD’s Council on Dental Education will review your application by the end of March. You can expect to receive notification of the council’s decision by mail by mid-April.
*Includes the United States and Canada. Sourced from Statista and United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.