CE Submission Form
Submit your CE
Before you begin, you will need:
> Your user name and password
> The course information:
- CE program provider ID
- Course title
- Completion date
- Number of hours
- Type of course
- Subject code(s)
> Letter of attendance verification or other provider verification form (this document will be accessible from your AGD transcript once your CE is posted).
If you have questions regarding the online form, download the CE Submission Guide for step-by-step directions or check out this quick reference tool. Requests for CE credit for teaching, publications and post-graduate residency programs (AEGD or GPR) must be submitted to the AGD Education Department via fax at 312.335.3428 or email at email@example.com.
Effective Aug. 31 2019, you must submit all CE online. Fax, email or mailed submissions will no longer be accepted.
CE Submission Guidelines
Submit an attendance verification form (often referred to as a certificate of completion) from the CE provider. The form(s) you submit must include the following information to receive credit:
- AGD membership ID number: Always include your six-digit AGD membership number.
- Name and address: Be sure your name is legible on all CE course verification forms.
- CE program provider name and/or AGD provider ID number: This information must be included to accurately receive credit toward the FAGD and MAGD awards or LLSR. Submit the complete name of the organization providing the course. Do not use abbreviations. Include the six-digit provider ID number, if available.
- Course date: The month, day and year the course was given must be included on the course verification form. If the course was more than one day, give both the beginning and ending dates of the course.
- Subject code: AGD subject codes correspond to various topics in dentistry. Effective January 2017, the AGD introduced a list of streamlined subject codes so course topics can be categorized into the nine recognized dental specialties and core subject areas pertinent to dental education. CE providers should identify the subject code that best represents the dental specialty or general topic of the content taught. An expanded list of topics associated with each subject code is available on the AGD web site.
- Title of course and instructor name: Include the title of the course and full name of the instructor.
- Hours: The actual number of clock hours spent in the course. Do not include time for lunch or registration. Indicate if the course is lecture, participation or self-instruction.
- Course Type: Choose LECTURE, PARTICIPATION or SELF-INSTRUCTION based on the definitions below. NOTE: Selecting an incorrect course type means your transcript will not accurately track your progress to your AGD Awards The AGD audits all transcripts when a member applies for an award and errors are corrected.
- Course location: For an in-person course, include the city and state where the course took place.
Course Type Definitions:
LECTURE COURSE: A live presentation intended to communicate information or teach people about a particular subject. Lectures are used to convey critical information, history, background, theories, and equations and do not significantly involve audience participation with the exception of asking and answering questions. Select LECTURE if your attendance verification form says LECTURE, LIVE, LIVE WEBINAR, LIVE ELECTRONICALLY MEDIATED, ONLINE-LIVE.
PARTICIPATION / HANDS-ON COURSE: A presentation intended to teach a particular subject, technique or skill that actively involves the audience. Participants will actively manipulate dental materials and/or devices, or practice clinical skills or techniques under the live or electronically-mediated supervision of a qualified instructor. When live patient treatment is involved, live instructor direct supervision is required. The participation activities must represent a minimum of 30% of total course time and must directly address the educational objectives of the course and be an extension and amplification of the lecture portion of the course. Select PARTICIPANTION only if you actively worked with dental materials and/or practiced clinical skills during the course. Courses where attendees participate in discussions or questions and answer sessions do not qualify as participation courses; these types of courses should be entered as lecture.
SELF-INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE / ACTIVITY: Continuing education courses in printed or recorded format, including audio, video, or online recordings that may be used over time at various locations. Select SELF-INSTRUCTION when you complete a course independently and a live instructor is not present. Self-instruction courses must include a testing component to qualify for continuing education credit. Viewing recorded webinars that have a testing component must be entered as SELF-INSTRUCTION.
Other activities approved to receive CE credit must be reviewed by AGD staff before adding it to your record. Submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org for approved FAGD/MAGD/LLSR credit for the following special activities:
- Faculty positions: Letter from CODA/CDA-accredited institution confirming dates and location of full- or part-time faculty position on the institution's letterhead. Should also indicate topics taught.
- Presentations/teaching/lecturing for PACE- or CERP-approved organizations: Letter on CE organization’s letterhead confirming
date, time, location, topic and length of course taught. CE organization should include its AGD provider ID number and whether or not this was the first time a lecture was presented. Include copies of program brochure, flier or listing when possible.
- Completion of CODA/CDA-accredited GPR/AEGD programs: Submit a copy of the completion certificate.
- Publications: Submit a copy of the full scientific article or copy of title page and table of contents from published textbooks.
- Military rotations: Copies of orders assigning one to a dental specialty rotation.
Credit for special activities will be awarded in accordance with current published guidelines. Contact email@example.com for more information regarding FAGD/MAGD credit for special activities. For general questions, contact AGD at 888.243.3368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.