Attention AGD PACE Approved Providers:
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) would like to share the following information with you regarding offering webinars or other electronically mediated continuing dental education activities:
Organizations with NATIONAL PACE Approval are eligible to offer electronically mediated events. If you have not offered electronically-mediated events in the past, we ask that you review PACE Standard XII: Self-Instruction and Electronically Mediated Programs.
Keep in mind the AGD does not have a recommended platform to offer electronically mediated events. It is the responsibility of the provider to identify the platform that best fits their needs.
When offering electronically mediated events providers must:
- Provide specific hardware and software requirements to attendees in advance of the event.
- Ensure technical assistance is available to participants throughout the duration of the course.
- Embedded advertising or direct commercial links cannot be included within the educational content
- There must be a process to verify attendance of each attendee throughout the program. To accomplish this it is recommend that providers use polling or chat tools throughout the program to better ensure all attendees are engaged.
- There must be a process where attendees can interact with instructors directly during the program. Examples, allowing attendees to ask verbal questions, or type questions direct to the instructor or facilitator so questions can be read aloud.
Approved providers are not required to report these types of programs to the AGD in advance, but the courses should be identified in their annual reports or applications when re-applying.
If providers have any questions they can contact the AGD at email@example.com.
Applying for National PACE Approval
To become an AGD PACE-approved CE provider, review the PACE Program Guidelines, which contain AGD’s 13 standards and criteria for approval. Next, complete the PACE Application for National Approval. Applications are reviewed against these standards.
Apply for National PACE Approval if your organization:
- Offers continuing dental education courses in more than one state, province or country
- Draws a significant portion of participants from more than one state, province or country
- Offers self-instruction programs or web-based programs
- Offers protocol (onsite/in-office) courses
- Is located outside of the U.S. or Canada*
The AGD Application for national PACE approval is available online.
Before beginning the application, make sure to review the following documents:
- Preparing for the application: Find out what documents you will need to submit with your application. Having these documents available to upload will help you complete the application more quickly. If you are uncertain about any of the documentation, samples of required documents are available.
- Step-by-step-guide: Detailed information to help you log in and complete the application one step at a time!
* Renewing applicants: Login with your provider ID before applying.
* First-time applicants: All applicants must be able to log onto the AGD website. Click here to request your credentials. Please allow up to 24 hours for a response during normal business hours.
* Forgot your password? Email PACE@agd.org to reset your password.
*Got questions? Visit this page to learn more.
*Organizations that do not have a permanent location in the U.S. or Canada should follow the directions to complete the application for national approval, and will also be required to document that the organization is a dental school, continuing education program within a dental school, a national governmental health authority or a national membership association or society for dental professionals who is recognized and/or accredited by the appropriate governmental or private regulatory authority that regulates organizations within their country.
Payment will be required upon completion. If you are unable to pay by credit card or through a PayPal account, please contact PACE@agd.org, or call 888.243.3368, ext 4114.