Ten new subject matter experts have been selected to serve as AGD spokespeople. These AGD members were chosen for their vast knowledge of general dentistry and oral health and their ability to increase understanding of oral health. They were recently trained to speak on behalf of AGD and general dentistry and respond to members of the media in ways that enhance the image of the profession and provide clarity around issues impacting access to oral healthcare.
“AGD has established itself as a leader and resource on key dental issues of interest to the media and consumers,” said AGD President Bruce L. Cassis, DDS, MAGD. “Strengthening our public outreach efforts by expanding our spokesperson program is essential. To date, we have nearly 50 AGD spokespeople who can work locally and in top media markets. These individuals have demonstrated their leadership potential within the organization, which validates their appointments. By serving as spokespeople, they will help support the mission of all AGD members: to provide the public with accurate oral health information."
The following AGD members recently completed the required media training to become AGD spokespeople:
- Jennifer Bobbio, DDS, FAGD (Virginia)
- Gerald J. Botko, DMD, MS, MAGD, FACD, AGD president-elect (Florida)
- Hal Jeter, DDS, FAGD (Ohio)
- James R. Keenan, DDS, MAGD, LLSR (New York)
- Theron A. Manson, DDS, FAGD (Washington)
- Kristopher P. Rappold, DDS, MAGD, FACD, FICD, FASD (Louisiana)
- Laura Sharbash, DDS, FAGD (New Jersey)
- Ravi S. Sinha, DDS (Oregon)
- Andrew C. Swiatowicz, DDS, FAGD (Delaware)
- Callan D. White, DDS (North Carolina)