Education pertaining to a sense of beauty. Cosmetic Dentistry includes a variety of dental treatments aimed at improving the appearance of the teeth and overall smile.
Topics may include:
- Tooth whitening/bleaching
Education regarding at home or in office techniques to use lasers, bleach or other materials to remove stains or other discoloration from the tooth surface.
- The science of color
Principles of color, shade matching; tooth color selection, staining procedures to improve
estheticsof restorations and restoration matching.
- Esthetic diagnosis and treatment planning of the dentition
Topics regarding the systematic approaches to designing a treatment plan taking into account the
estheticfeatures of the smile; i.e.: facially generated treatment planning.
- Esthetic diagnosis and treatment of intraoral soft tissues
The systematic approach to designing a treatment plan to improve the
estheticsof the gingival or other intraoral soft tissue to enhance the estheticsof one’s smile. Gingival analysis and therapies to improve esthetics – esthetic crown lengthening, surgical root coverage therapies for esthetic purposes.
- Tooth colored restorations
Any restoration that is composed of
tooth coloredmaterial. Could be onlay, inlay, crowns veneers or other emerging design or material that is esthetic or developed to improve esthetics.
- Esthetic diagnosis and treatment of
extra oralsoft tissue
The analysis of the face and its
estheticsand the use of material to esthetically improve the extra oralsoft tissues for esthetic purposes; i.e.: onabotulinumtoxin therapy, BOTOX, dermal fillers and other emerging therapy to enhance the facial esthetics.
- Emerging concepts, techniques, therapies and technology
New technology/techniques used to improve the appearance of teeth or one’s smile.
- Product/technology training
Advanced training of specific equipment or materials used to enhance the appearance of teeth or one’s smile. Product training courses should be directed to current users or a product and focus on proper/safe use. Courses cannot contain any marketing information intended to encourage participants to purchase the product.
017 Dental Materials
029 Product Training
- Hospital Dentistry — Dental delivery in the controlled environment of the operating
room ina hospital for individuals unable to receive care in the traditionalsetting due to complex health history, physical, mental orbehavioral limitations; provision of oral care as part of teamof providers.
- Geriatric Dentistry — Branch of dentistry encompassing all aspects of oral care for the elderly.
- Dentistry for the Handicapped — Dentistry for patient’s unable to cooperate due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
- Dentistry for the Medically Compromised — Knowledge of medical conditions; management of individuals with complex medical conditions, autoimmune disorders, infectious conditions, modification of dental treatment and pharmacotherapeutics in the provision of dental care.
- Emerging education or therapies dealing with emerging mental or medical health and the delivery of oral health care to those individuals.
- Product Training — Advanced training of specific equipment