In September, representatives from the Pennsylvania AGD’s Board of Directors met with officials from the office of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf as well as the executive directors of the House and Senate Professional Licensure Committee about proposed Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry regulations which would expand unsupervised hygiene practice. The Pennsylvania AGD delegation stressed its concerns for patient safety, as well as the efficacy of the proposed regulations for treating the poor and indigent in Pennsylvania. In addition, the delegation proposed several proactive measures to meet unmet dental needs among these populations.
Among those in the delegation include:
- Ann Hunsicker-Morrissey, DMD, MAGD, Pennsylvania AGD president
- Scott Hudimac, DDS, MAGD, Pennsylvania AGD president-elect
- Leigh Jacopetti-Kondraski, DMD, Pennsylvania AGD vice president
- Rick Knowlton, DMD, MAGD, Pennsylvania AGD treasurer
- Michael Kaner, DMD, FAGD, Pennsylvania AGD advocacy committee chair
- Steve Neidlinger, CAE, Pennsylvania AGD executive director