Don’t forget to file your annual 990-N form. Remember, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations require small, tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations with gross revenue less than $50,000 to submit an annual 990-N form. Form 990-N is an electronic postcard (e-postcard) that can be accessed via the IRS website. This e-postcard is due by the 15th day of the fifth month after the close of your constituent’s or region’s tax year. For example, if your tax year ended Dec. 31, 2017, your e-postcard was due by May 15, 2018.
Please note: The IRS provides a grace period of 90 days after the deadline to file your 990-N form. Make sure to file your appropriate form as soon as you can and before Aug. 15, 2018.
The e-postcard is easy to complete. All you need is the following constituent information:
- Your Employer Identification Number, also known as your Taxpayer Identification Number
- Tax year
- Legal name and mailing address
- Any other names the organization uses
- Name and address of a principal officer
- Website address
- Confirmation that the constituent’s annual gross receipts are normally less than $50,000
Once your constituent has filed a 990-N form or another version of the IRS Form 990, send a copy of your confirmation to AGD Headquarters at email@example.com or fax at 312.335.3429. For more information, review the Form 990-N FAQ, contact your local tax adviser, or email your inquiry to AGD at firstname.lastname@example.org.