Past Massachusetts AGD Events
Becoming a member of AGD and your local constituent is one of the most beneficial decisions you can make for enriching your career and enhancing the profession. JOIN AGD TODAY!
Dr. Miguel A. Ortiz Live Dental Photography
Endodontic Mastership Lecture and Hands-On Program
This Mastership three-day lecture and hands-on program will provide detailed methods to improve clinical patient care and will demonstrate how endodontic therapy can be precise, predictable, productive, and, most importantly, enjoyable! Register Now!
Infection Control, Pain Management, and Risk Management
Meet your mandatory Pain Management & Infection Control requirements for licensure and 5 CEUs! Join the AGD at this upcoming meeting to take advantage of this FREE AGD MEMBER CE lecture. Learn more
"Non-Pharmacologic Behavior Guidance of Children in the General Dental Practice" with Dr. Shabtai SapirDate(s)
The “Non-pharmacologic Behavior Guidance of Children in the General Dental Practice” lecture is designed to familiarize the general dentist with concepts they will encounter in the various clinical settings. The attendees will learn how to best utilize simple behavior guidance techniques to enhance communication with young children and care givers in private practice set-up. The lecture content and objectives adhere to the 2021 American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Oral Health Policies & Recommendations (Reference Manual).
Objectives and topics covered:
- Definitions of “behavior guidance”, and “behavior management”.
- Classifications of human behavior, growth, development with specific emphasis on psychological, classic and contemporary behavior learning theories.
- Cultural and social context of children’s behavior in the dental environment.
- Effective communication – recognize aspects of verbal and non-verbal communication relating to dental phobia, and anxiety.
- Practical tips that can be utilized in most general practice set-ups to enhance communication with pediatric patients.