Dental Staffing Woes: The Latest Tips & Tricks on Hiring and Retaining Quality StaffDate(s)
Melissa K. Turner, BASDH, RDHEP, EFDA
Subject: 550 Practice Management and Human Relations
Wednesday, December 13: 7:30–8:30 p.m. CST
Audience: Dentists, Dental Assistants, Students, Residents
Fee: $37.50 (students and residents); $75 (members); $125 (nonmembers)
Are you having trouble finding and/or retaining staff? Let’s be frank: You’re probably doing it all wrong! At a time when dentistry and greater society are both undergoing serious generational and mindset changes, quality team members are very difficult to find. It’s more important than ever to understand that the methods you use to fill these vacancies can quite literally make or break your business. In this riveting course, Melissa Turner walks attendees through the latest and most relevant methods, tips and tricks on how to hire and retain quality staff by building an environment that plays to your team’s strengths.
- Explore technologies and platforms that make the hiring process efficient and effective.
- Understand the overarching role dental practice owners and hiring managers play in the search-and-hire process.
- Discover how a shift in societal mindset has impacted the hiring process and individual career goals.
- Identify systems and processes that aid in recognizing quality team members from the first introduction.
- Learn objective methods on how to write an effective hiring advertisement.
A 20-year dental hygienist and founder, Melissa K. Turner, BASDH, RDHEP, EFDA, is a sought-after executive, consultant, dynamic speaker and top millennial content creator. Behind some of the most innovative brands in the industry, she partners with companies of all sizes — from pre-seed startups to billion-dollar international brands — on brand strategy and product growth. Turner’s combined experience behind the scenes in the boardroom, on the frontlines as a clinician, and as a public-facing influencer allows her unique insight into future industry trends. Turner’s newest launches include Smile Proud, an advocacy organization built to support current and future LGBTQIA+ dental professionals, as well as I, Woman, a podcast for women founders, executives and entrepreneurs focusing on what it takes to unleash their inner roar in the boardroom, the bedroom and beyond.