AGD Virtual Hill Day: Congressional MeetingsDate(s)
AGD Hill Day is an opportunity for ALL AGD member dentists and dental students to meet with their members of Congress and discuss AGD priority legislative issues. This year, the event will be fully virtual beginning with guest speakers and advocacy training on Thursday, June 16th, and Virtual Hill Day meetings on Tuesday, June 21st.
The cost of registration is $15, and spots are limited!
Some issues of discussion will include:
- Medicaid Dental Benefit Act of 2021. S. 3166/H.R. 4439 which requires state Medicaid programs to cover dental and oral health services for adults. It also increases the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (i.e., federal matching rate) for such services.
- Dental and Optometric Care Access Act of 2021 (DOC Access Act). S.1793/H.R.3461 prohibits private health insurance plans from setting rates for items and services, except for dental cleanings, provided by a doctor of optometry, of dental surgery, or of dental medicine for which the plan does not pay a substantial amount.
- Oral Health Literacy and Awareness Act of 2021, H.R.4555 requires the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to conduct a public education campaign to increase oral health literacy and awareness. HRSA must design the campaign to focus on children, pregnant women, parents, older adults, people with disabilities, and racial and ethnic minorities.
- The Resident Education Deferred Interest Act (REDI Act), H.R. 4122/S. 3658 allows borrowers in medical or dental internships or residency programs to defer student loan payments until the completion of their programs.
Please note the following:
- The advocacy training webinar scheduled for June 16th will be live from 12:00pm to 4:00pm CDT. The webinar will also be recorded and available for download following the training.
- You will receive your advocacy training webinar confirmation for June 16th via email from GoToWebinar.
- Meetings on June 21st will not last the whole day. Once you register HERE, we will schedule your meetings for you and you only need to be available during the times of your confirmed meetings.
For any questions regarding the AGD Virtual Hill Day, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.