Virtual AGD Advocacy ConferenceDate(s)
Speakers: AGD Advocacy Staff
Saturday, Nov. 14, 2020
Subject Code: 149 - Multi-disciplinary
* Credits: 6 maximum (CE will be issued for LIVE participation ONLY)
The Virtual AGD Advocacy Conference is a live event only. Registrants will receive topic summaries following the Conference, but will not be able to re-view the presentations.
SESSION 1: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CST
- Welcome/Conference Overview
- AGD Advocacy Highlights
- COVID-19: Addressing New Issues as a Result of the Pandemic
- Midlevel Providers
BREAK: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. CST
SESSION 2: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. CST
- Medicare and Dental Benefits
- Federal Update
- State Advocacy Best Practices and Training
- Conference Recap/Closing Remarks
The annual AGD Advocacy Conference is an opportunity for AGD members to learn about the most prominent legislative issues impacting general dentistry. Topics such as commercial insurance, state advocacy best practices and new concerns as a result of COVID-19 will be discussed by panelists with extensive knowledge on each subject matter. This year’s virtual platform will provide attendees with a robust experience while offering the opportunity to obtain CE credits from live webcasts.
After attending the conference, attendees should be able to:
- List the top legislative issues concerning general dentists and explain how government bodies are responding.
- Share with AGD members and non-members what AGD’s top advocacy efforts are and how AGD is protecting the interests of general dentistry.
- Serve as a better advocate for general dentistry and help AGD take action.
*The Virtual AGD Advocacy Conference is a live event only. Registrants will receive topic summaries following the Conference, but will not be able to re-view the presentations.