Diabetes Mellitus: Medical management, Oro-facial Findings and Dental ManagementDate(s)
Presented by Dr. Aviv Ouanounou, BSc, MSc, DDS, FICD, FICO
Subject: 135 - Electives
Fee: $75 Members, $75 Members staff, $37.50 Student members, $125 Non-members
Date: Tuesday October 29, 2019 7:30 CST – 9:00 PM
Registration for this session closes at 5:00 pm CT on the day of the event.
- Recognize the prevalence, incidence and etiology of diabetes mellitus.
- Understand (a) the pathophysiology and (b) pharmacotherapy of diabetes.
- Understand some of the common complications such as dental caries, periodontal disease, fungal infection and salivary dysfunction.
- Introduce the appropriate procedures in dental practice required to optimize dental care for the patient with diabetes.
- Recognize and manage medical emergencies in these patients.