Part II - Pathophysiology, Pharmacotherapy and Dental Management of the patient with common medical conditionsDate(s)
Presented by Dr. Aviv Ouanounou, BSc, MSc, DDS, FICD, FICO
Subject: 10 - Basic Science
Fee: $75 Members, $75 Members staff, $37.50 Student members, $125 Non-members
Date: Thursday September 12, 2019 7:30 CST – 9:00 PM
Registration for this session closes at 5:00 pm CT on the day of the event.
This webinar is a continuation from Thursday August 29, 2019
The course is designed to provide the dentist with a survey of common medical conditions that may be encountered in a dental practice. For each condition, the instructor will provide a brief overview of the basic disease process, etiology, incidence, prevalence, medications and oral manifestations commonly presented by dental patients. In particular, patients with neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease or endocrine conditions, as well as patients who are pregnant or lactating will be discussed so the practitioner can provide appropriate and safe dental care
- Review important concepts in oral diagnosis.
- Recognize the prevalence, incidence and etiology of common medical conditions.
- Understand the pathophysiology and pharmacotherapy of these conditions and their consequences on oral health.
- Learn how to introduce the appropriate procedures required to optimize dental care in these patients.
- Learn how to recognize and manage medical emergencies in these patients.