Three-Part Series: Pathophysiology, Pharmacotherapy and Dental Management of Patients with Common Medical ConditionsDate(s)
Subject: 10 - Basic Science
Fee: $175 Members, $175 Members staff, $87.50 Student members, $325 Non-members
Date: Thursday August 29, 2019 7:30 CST – 9:00 PM
Registration for this Three-part Series closes at 5:00 pm CT on the day of Part 1 of this series. Part 2 and Part 3 of this series are then available as single priced webinars.
The course is designed to provide the dentist with a survey of common medical conditions that may be encountered in a dental practice. For each condition, the instructor will provide a brief overview of the basic disease process, etiology, incidence, prevalence, medications and oral manifestations commonly presented by dental patients. In particular, patients with neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease or endocrine conditions, as well as patients who are pregnant or lactating will be discussed so the practitioner can provide appropriate and safe dental care.
- Review important concepts in oral diagnosis.
- Recognize the prevalence, incidence and etiology of common medical conditions.
- Understand the pathophysiology and pharmacotherapy of these conditions and their consequences on oral health.
- Learn how to recognize and manage medical emergencies in these patients.
- Learn how to introduce the appropriate procedures required to optimize dental care in these patients.