The Science of Sleep and the Importance and Management of Oral Appliance TherapyDate(s)
Speaker: R. Craig Miller DMD, MAGD, D-ABDSM, FICOI
Fee: FREE Webinar to support AGD Members during COVID-19 Crisis
$75 Members, $75 Members staff, $37.50 Student members
Date: Tuesday March 24, 2020 7:30 CST – 9:00 PM
Registration for this session closes at 5:00 pm CT on the day of the event.
Most people can live up to 30 days without eating, but no one can survive 30 days without sleeping. This course will explain the science behind sleep and sleep’s importance for human survival. This discussion will also include how to screen for sleep-related breathing disorders, how to work with physicians and how oral appliance therapy plays a major role in managing these patients.
- Understanding the many Sleep-Related Disordered Breathing (SRDB).
- How to exam and screen patients for SRDB (including full view CBCT and Pharyngometry).
- Understand Sleep Studies / Sleep stages.
- The importance of and fabrication of Oral appliances.
- Oral appliance therapy patient management.