Donald Worm, DDS, MAGD, ABGD, for AGD Treasurer
Greetings Delegates and Alternate Delegates,
The AGD is in unknown fiscal territory due to the current COVID crisis affecting our nation and the world. The continued membership decline and difficulty in procuring non-dues revenue are poised to further destabilize our organization’s financial condition. The AGD requires a financial officer with proven experience in managing complex budgetary conditions, and a seasoned leader who is willing to make the hard call. I possess the unique qualifications to fill this role.
As a Navy dentist for 30 years, I’ve served in a variety of leadership positions, which I outlined in my prior email to you. Throughout my career the Navy has provided extensive leadership training which has included:
- Navy Division Officer Course
- Naval Leadership Advanced Division Officer Course
- Leadership training as part of the Naval Postgraduate Dental School Comprehensive Dentistry (2-year AEGD) Residency
- Navy Medicine Department Head Course
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, and Champion Training
- Annual training in personnel management, diversity, ethics, mentoring, and other leadership topics.
Managed numerous Navy Dentistry program budgets up to $22 million:
- $6K as Program Director 2nd Dental Battalion AEGD Program
- $18K as Director for the HMS Collingsworth Royal Navy Dental Clinic
- $75K as the Director for the Navy Comprehensive Dentistry (AEGD-2) Program
- $200K CSR renovation project at Naval Health Clinic Annapolis
- $1.2M operating budget and $1.2M equipment budget as Director, NHC Annapolis Dental Clinic
- $22M as Director, Postgraduate Dental Education, Navy Medicine Professional Development Command
- While assigned to the Navy Surgeon General Office, provided critical guidance in the development of special pays for Navy Medicine personnel
- As member of the Armed Services Health Professions Incentive Pay Working Group, wrote Uniform Legislation and Budgeting packages for 2006 and 2007 National Defense Authorization Acts
- As Chair, Member Value Prioritization Taskforce, assessed the value of AGD programs to determine which were value-added and which could be reduced, changed, or eliminated
- Served on the Budget and Finance Committee nine times, three as Chair. Developed the annual operating budget and provided financial review and guidance for new AIRS.
- As member of the AGD Building Committee, reviewed renovation contract for water-damaged parapet areas, identified potentially costly contractual provisions prior to signing.
- Consulting member of the Investment, Compensation, and Audit Committees.
I believe my experience demonstrates that I possess the qualities needed to lead us through these financially challenging times. I ask for your vote as your next AGD Treasurer. If you have questions or ideas to discuss, please reach out to me at email@example.com or by phone at 443-699-3605. I would be delighted to talk to you, and thank you in advance for your support!
Donald Worm, DDS, MAGD, ABGD