Under the direction of the IT Administrator, this part-time position will be the first point of contact for users with IT questions and requests. Will provide support for help desk issues, computer support/setup/troubleshooting, and end-user training. The IT Help Desk Support position will also handle inventory management, as well as support copiers/printers, Scanning devices, and A/V equipment.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Help desk support for all internal users. Will be responsible for responding to help desk email/ticketing tickets for first level calls.
- Provide asset management of PCs, Macs, iPads, Printers, Copiers, etc. to include inventory of related hardware and software.
- Provide patching and updates of PCs, Macs, iPads, Printers, Copiers, etc.
- Handle training of employees on applications, cyber-security, etc. under the guidance of IT Director.
- Support of A/V equipment, including training for employees on use.
- Backup network administrator for user setup, security changes/requests, and vendor contacts.
- Train and assist new employees
- Other duties as requested by management.
- Proven troubleshooting ability is a must.
- Customer service skills and ability to work with a diverse workforce on many levels.
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail to provide high-level accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and change direction as needed/requested.
- Intellectual curiosity; desire to grow and elevate your career both professionally and personally.
- Strong work ethic and high level of integrity is required.
Education: Minimum of 2-year technical degree in Information Technology or a Bachelor’s degree or progress towards a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Proven ability to work through the troubleshooting process when presented with difficult issues.
Computer Skills – Strong understanding of laptop/desktop hardware and software, related accessory/peripheral setup, printers, copiers, user setups, cybersecurity/anti-virus, and Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
If interested, please complete the Internal Application Form. The process and form for internal applicants can be found on the intranet. All submissions are due, no later than Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (email@example.com) team.