HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) seeks a Head of Human Resources to join our team. Under the direction of the Executive Director, manage the daily activities of the human resources department, office services and building operations which include recruitment, benefit and compensation programs, payroll administration, and employee development. Recommends programs to enhance the AGD benefit packages and increase employee engagement. Assists with organization activities and special projects as directed.
Essential Job Functions
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervise the work of the Human Resources Administrator, Office Services and Building Operations. Serve as a mentor and coach and ensure that all work efforts are being directed to achieve the overall goals for the department.
- Works with benefit broker to ensure plans are competitive. Ensures offerings meet the needs of employees as well as in line with budgetary limitation. Recommends changes to plans as necessary. Oversees the work of the HR Administrator in administering these plans.
- Ensure employee understanding of benefits programs.
- Coordinate and monitor performance review process. Work with directors and managers to ensure fair and effective process.
- Develop salary budgets for individual departments and make recommendations for merit increase budget annually.
- Oversee annual merit increase process, recommending market adjustments where necessary.
- Work with consultant to perform salary survey every 3 years to ensure wages and salary ranges are competitive with the market.
- Administer and monitor unemployment claims and charges, Wage Deduction Orders, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to all personnel matters.
Staff Training and Development
- Identify and coordinate organization wide training.
- Recommend training to management for employee’s benefit. Act as resource for training courses and providers.
- Communicate various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Work with managers to ensure acceptable performance of employees. Implement progressive discipline actions and improvement plans to improve performance or terminate.
- Develop and implement personnel policies and procedures; maintain employee handbook.
- Oversee bi-annual Employee Engagement Survey. Develop focus groups to address issues and act as facilitator to brainstorm and implement improvements.
- Oversee Staff Committees.
- Act as Plan Administrator, by auditing plan balances, approving distributions, ensuring enrollments, and processing contributions. Complete Non-Discrimination testing and Form 5500.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Eight years of human resources generalist experience, 5+ years managing an HR department. Association experience preferred.
- Experience overseeing payroll function. HR Certification preferred.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.