GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Internal Position)
Under the direction of the Manager, Production/Design, designs the organization’s marketing collateral. Create original designs appropriate and reflective of the intended demographic; review market research to design projects and communicate effectively; consult with staff to identify graphical needs, budget constraints, and reasonable deadlines for the projects; establish and maintain a consistent look or style for various projects while adhering to the brand standard manual. Working with the Communication Specialist, manage content for the AGD website and social media vehicles. Assists with organizational activities and special projects as directed.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Print: Promotional Materials, Publications, etc. including: Designs layouts for promotional brochures, signage, and logos for various departments (Membership, Meetings, Education, and Office of the Executive Director) as assigned. Reviews membership and readership surveys to strengthen areas that appear to be performing below acceptable. Periodically reviews for readability and projected image of the AGD.
- Advertising: Works closely with Manager, P/D, and Ad Reps on development and placement of all advertisements.
- Web: Work with the Manager, Production/Design and Digital Communications Specialist to manage content, graphics and advertising for the AGD website. Supports digital engagement programs with rich media content including graphics, photos, and videos; as well as posting activities such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other interactive social media tools and platforms.
- Branding: Using the AGD brand standards manual ensures that all correspondence adheres to those standards. Maintains the quality standards set in place.
- Photography/Videography: Support video/photo shoots. Assist with editing and post-production (selection and retouching). Proficient in software including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects. (preferred)
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Graphic or Communications Design.
Credentials (years of experience): Three to five years working experience in print and digital environment, utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Experience in publications, direct mail and other marketing pieces, complex layouts and website graphics. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and HTML coding for website. Experience with photography and video production. Experience with PowerPoint, creating interactive PDFs, and variable data marketing is helpful. Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with AGD members and suppliers and present a positive image of AGD through these communications. Possess exceptional Mac skills and willingness to learn new software and programs as required. Be flexible, adaptable, able to work on a wide variety of tasks independently and in a team structure and understand meaning of confidentiality. Possess the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, work independently, and demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail. Possess good organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills with good spelling, proofreading and grammatical skills. Be able to work overtime and travel as needed.
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
If interested, please complete the Internal Application Form. The process and form for internal applicants can be found attached. All submissions are due, no later than Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.