GOVERNMENT RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) seeks a Government Relations Coordinator. Under direction of Government Relations Manager, the Government Relations Coordinator will assist with various tasks related to state-level advocacy.
The position is temporary and part-time, and is expected to last about six months.
Essential Job Functions
- Using legislative tracking software, monitor, categorize, and track state legislation and regulations pertinent to AGD policy priorities.
- Maintain database of currently active state legislation and regulation by providing updates on latest activity
- Research and monitor media related to pertinent state legislation and regulation
- Draft member-facing advocacy materials, such as Tweets and e-blasts
- Research and review minutes from state dental board meetings
- Assist with organizational activities and special projects as directed
- Candidate for bachelor’s or master’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, or a related field of study.
- Highly developed research and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with AGD members, staff, and the public.
- Possess the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, work independently, and demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.