The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) seeks a Governance Administrator. Under the direction of the Associate Director, Governance assist with Governance and OED as directed. Review and update the governance sections of the AGD Website.
The position maintains and updates all information for the Board, Executive Committee (EC), councils, committees and task forces through iMIS. He or she will also create agendas, prepare materials for electronic meeting workbooks for the Board and
EC, take concise minutes, prepare and distribute electronically. Review, maintain and update policy manuals as approved by the Board, and assist with organization activities and special projects as directed.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain, update, and monitor the association's governing documents such as: Governance Action Item List; Office of Executive Director Operations Manual, Board, and House of Delegates Policy manuals, AGD Constitution and Bylaws.
- Assist the Executive Director in producing monitoring reports for the Board Policy Manual to assure that policies are up to date.
- Manage and coordinate organization calendar including proactive identification of all meeting and event dates of official AGD leadership activities.
- Update semi-annually allied organization briefing papers. Assist senior staff with developing agendas and background information for officer meetings with allied organizations. Assist with the development of the professional relations program.
- Monitor and update the Governance portion of the Academy of General Dentistry’s website which includes the Leader Resource Center, Leader Opportunities, and Board and Executive Committee websites.
- Manage and update Board and Executive Committee portions of AGD Connect which includes but is not limited to monitoring and administrating discussion threads, library document submissions and the calendar.
- Work closely with senior staff to assist various workgroups, committees, councils, and task forces with ad hoc requests; serve as the primary staff liaison to the Executive Director and Board. Work with the Associate Director, Governance, Executive Director, and President on the creation of agendas, preparation materials for electronic meeting workbooks for Board and EC meetings, take concise minutes, preparation and distribution of such in accordance with policy.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant in processing Board and EC expense and allotment reimbursement requests.
- Manage the yearly Call to Leader Engagement process, which includes soliciting appointment recommendations and requests, working closely with staff liaisons and the President-Elect to manage appointment letters and certificates associated with all aspects of the process. Update the iMIS database and files in conjunction with the Executive Assistant.
- Assist management with any organization projects as requested as well as other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent office experience.
- Five to seven years professional office experience with at least two years of senior level administrative support.
- Association experience, particularly in Governance or Advocacy desirable.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.