FINANCIAL ANALYST, ACCOUNTING
Under the direction of the Director, Finance and Accounting (Director), the Financial Analyst will perform accounting functions consistent with the goals and objectives of the association and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the financial management of his/her assigned departments. Financial management includes general ledger review, quality control, preparation of financial reports to departments, variance analysis against budget and prior years, assisting department management in a manner that maximizes membership benefit. Accounts receivable management and collection is required. Assist with organization activities and special projects as directed.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare monthly Statement of Activities for assigned departments.
- Perform variance analyses to budget and prior year for each statement.
- Identify and investigate material variances and determine resolution and/or communication.
- Summarize material discrepancies in narrative form to include budget manager input.
- Be the single point of contact for finance related items for staff of the assigned departments.
- Prepare assigned balance sheet reconciliations that clearly identify and resolve reconciling items.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and accounting corrections to ensure accurate accounting records.
- Maintain the fixed assets module and prepare monthly fixed assets depreciation journal entry and reconcile.
- Review entries of Accounting Specialist and other department staff to ensure accuracy of items prior to posting to the ledger.
- Meet reporting deadlines set by management to departments and senior management timely.
- Prepare annual audit work papers and schedules as directed.
- Provide support with the annual budget process.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Maintain AGD Foundation general ledger, prepare entries, generate monthly financial reports and reconcile AGDF bank account and all balance sheet accounts.
- Works with team members to analyze operations and identify opportunities to achieve greater efficiencies and internal control processes.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Ability to mentor and cross-train staff.
- Create reports in Management Reporter.
- Periodically review procedures for systems and develop and/or revise to ensure current and accurate documentation of department policy and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Credentials (years of experience): A minimum of five years of professional experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably in an association or other not for profit environment. Advanced user of Excel and knowledge of Great Plains preferred. Experience with iMIS a plus. Must have command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and have a firm understanding of accounting concepts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates expertise in his/her functional area, leveraging unique core of knowledge and skills to achieve results.
- Be able to communicate authoritatively, effectively and tactfully with AGD officers, members, suppliers and staff and present a positive image of AGD through these communications.
- Open to new approaches and takes steps to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, both from within and outside AGD.\
- Ensure customer satisfaction through process of monitoring, developing, improving, and delivering excellent services.
- Adhere to department and AGD policy and procedures. Achieve results that support and contribute to the accomplishments of the strategic plan of the organization, and the department.
- Adhere to established quality, performance improvement standards, and the ability to anticipate and bring about change when needed.
- Organized, work well with others and uses time effectively to accomplish goals/resolve problems.
- Maintain consistent work attendance. Does not disrupt operation by being habitually tardy or absent; works as scheduled.
General Understanding and nature of the Position Description: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.