DIRECTOR, EDUCATION (INTERNAL POSITION)
The Education Director is responsible for directing and managing all aspects of AGD education and award activities. This includes but is not limited to successful management of a learning management system, oversight of the educational content for the AGD scientific session, on-line education, program provider approval, speaker development and contracting, AGD Continuing Education (CE) awards, educational partnerships, and exam development. Interaction with the AGD Board, council and committee members, other volunteer leaders and members at large is an important responsibility of this position.
S/he oversees the quality and the integrity of awards to ensure that AGD maintains its premiere status.
Collaboration is a critical part of this position. This individual will collaborate with colleagues across the AGD, particularly the Director of Meetings.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Supervise the work of the Education Department. Serve as a mentor and coach and ensure that all work efforts are being directed to achieve the overall goals for the department. Be a resource for day-to-day activities and ensure that staff is provided with the proper training and resources to be successful, encouraging career opportunities.
- Strategize and develop a long-range plan for all areas of AGD educational activities with Executive Director and other key internal AGD Team leaders and consultation with appropriate volunteer groups. Oversee and manage all educational content offered through AGD. Map education programs to AGD and profession competencies.
- Research adult education trends, demographics and new market opportunities to support the AGD strategic plan. Ensure that the activities also facilitate the implementation of the strategic plan and on track with projects/concepts based on the market research.
- In conjunction with the marketing and membership teams, develop a creative and dynamic approach to marketing AGD education. Marketing will direct the implementation the plan.
- Manage and monitor the budget for the Education Department.
- Direct the development of all educational program activities and the coordination of these programs and services at the AGD. Create and implement new non-dues revenue opportunities. Oversee the annual meeting education, the Speaker’s Bureau and all other educational initiatives.
- Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
- Direct and lead councils strategically and effectively to ensure meeting productivity.
- Assist with organizational activities and special projects as directed.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Adult Education or related field preferred.
Credentials (years of experience): Six to eight years of experience in association management required. Certified Association Executive (CAE) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Association management experience with a focus on adult education and certification including a thorough knowledge of association management and financial reporting systems.
- Able to communicate effectively, with diplomacy, and tactfully with AGD members, suppliers/vendors, and staff to present a professional image of AGD.
- Strong supervisory/management skills. Highly accountable for own and direct report success.
- Experience in successfully running a learning management system and online education curriculum required.
- Direct, recent experience with education development, curriculum design, training methodologies, and virtual and in-person education formats.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability and willingness to learn new software and programs required.
- Be flexible, adaptable, able to work on a wide variety of tasks independently and in a team structure, and exercise confidentiality.
- Possess the ability to be creative in educational development, meet deadlines, set priorities, work independently, and demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail.
- Possess good organizational skills, excellent analytical and logic skills, superior customer service skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills. Be able to work additional hours and travel as needed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources based on analysis of options and precedents. Effectively prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast- paced/dynamic environment.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
If interested, please complete the Internal Application Form. The process and form for internal applicants can be found attached. All submissions are due, no later than Friday, May 28, 2021.
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (email@example.com) team.