BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Academy of General Dentistry is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst who is looking to capitalize on their data analytics passion and experience to become an integral part of a small organization where they can have a significant impact. Our opportunity will work with all levels of our organization designing and implementing solutions surrounding the analysis of data to guide our business decisions. It’s a perfect opportunity for someone with knowledge of and some real-life experience with SQL who is looking for growth in the DBA/Data Science area. It offers an environment where you can build your resume and a robust benefits package to include flex time.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) is a membership organization that began almost 70 years ago to provide continuing dental education for general dentists. It has grown to 40,000 members and AGD is their source for educational programs, practice management tools, advocacy support resources and their link to connect with a strong and dedicated network of industry leaders. AGD’s 60 dedicated employees work to serve its members and ensure their programs and resources remain a valuable partner in their general dentistry practice. To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.agd.org
The Business Intelligence Analyst, under the direction of the IT Associate Director, is responsible for designing and implementing solutions related to all aspects of data analytics, to include mining, generation, and data visualization. This role will present actionable information to help executives, managers and other end users make informed business decisions for the association. Additional responsibilities include the development, modification and maintenance of data and reports sourced in both relational and analytic database as well as building new SSRS Reports, Crystal Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Identify trends and opportunities for the organization’s growth through analysis of complex data sets.
- Work closely with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates and build relationships.
- Elicit, document, and analyze reporting needs and requirements. Analyze data and reporting solutions to understand business impact, correlations/discrepancies, and to propose changes/alternate solutions.
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution.
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Identify and recommend ways to streamline data and maintain system data integrity.
- Perform data audits and data validity within the system parameters.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the membership base and the membership population as a whole.
- Test and validate reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Provide technical documentation on the recommendations that are made and on the modifications to existing reports due to the new user requirements.
- Analyze tables to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing.
- Write queries, views, or stored procedures to extract data.
- Create scripts for importing, exporting, analyzing, mapping and converting data.
- Monitor performance of reports and take corrective action to optimize or improve the performance of the reports when necessary.
- Creation and maintenance of application software within MS SQL Server and web-based reporting environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, self-manage and work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and support special project needs simultaneously.
- Consistently meet tight deadlines and possess excellent interpersonal skills to work well with employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- T-SQL programming.
- Practical experience in demographic analysis through the use of data analysis including using advanced Excel.
- SSRS development and administration experience.
- Knowledge of Query tuning, functions, and stored procedures.
- SQL programming, report-writing, development life cycle including planning, design, documentation, programming and testing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), building database queries, stored procedure writing and report creation, charts and graphs.
- Skilled in MS SQL Server & SSRS, Crystal Reports, Excel.
- Experience supporting client reports using an AMS and application based on MS SQL Server platform.
- Query tuning experience, knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server utilities, functions, procedures, triggers and RDBMS data modeling.
- Database Administration (Indexing, log shipping, Dag) or the willingness to learn.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short and long term disability, a 401K with matching, PTO and flex time.
If you are looking to advance your knowledge of data analytics and play an important role in an organization, then we would love to speak with you about becoming a part of the Academy of General Dentistry’s team! For consideration, please apply via https://agd.recruitpro.com/jobs/119759-29435.html
Academy of General Dentistry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.