BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Under the direction of the Associate Director, IT, this position is responsible for designing and implementing solutions related to all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and data visualization. Present actionable information to help executives, managers and other end users make informed business decisions for the association. Involved in the development, modification and maintenance of data and reports sourced in both relational and analytic databases. Responsible for building new SSRS Reports, Crystal Reports, Charts and Graphs.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Identify trends and opportunities for organizations growth through analysis of complex data sets
- Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
- Work closely management and users to gather requirements, provide status updated and build relationships
- Elicit, document, and analyze reporting needs and requirements. Analyze data and reporting solutions to understand business impact, correlations/discrepancies, and to propose changes/alternate solutions
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualization through data interpretation and data analysis integration various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution
- Using statistical methods analyze data and generate useful business reports
- Identify and recommend ways to streamline data and maintain system data integrity
- Perform data audits and data validity within the system parameters
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the membership base and the membership population as a whole
- Develop and maintain a variety of report types, including but not limited to tabular, drill down, matrix, charts
- Work with Report Requester and to evaluate and clarify requests. Evaluate uniqueness of data request and offer alternative solutions where applicable, including non-automated methods of retrieving the requested information
- Delivery of report changes, testing, and deployment with adequate documentation in relation with the request for change or additional requirements.
- Test and validate reports to ensure accuracy and quality
- Business analysis of reporting requirements.
- Provide technical documentation on the recommendation made and on the modification to existing reports due to the new user requirements.
- Preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as production training materials.
- Analyze tables to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing
- Write queries, views, or stored procedures to extract data
- Create scripts for importing, exporting, analyzing, mapping and converting data
- Monitor performance of reports and taking corrective action to optimize or improve the performance of the reports when necessary
- Creation and maintenance of application software within MS SQL Server and web-based reporting environment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and self-manage, work well under pressure meeting tight deadlines and possess excellent interpersonal skills to work well with employees at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and support special project needs simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to look beyond the data access to data analytics and insights
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and management team
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with requirements gathering.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- T-SQL programming
- Practical experience in demographic analysis through the use of data analysis including using advanced Excel
- SSRS development and administration experience.
- Ability to determine appropriate escalation path.
- Query tuning, functions, procedures, triggers experience, knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server utilities, and RDBMS data modeling
- SQL programming, report-writing development life cycle including planning, design, documentation, programming and testing experience.
- Testing techniques to ensure accuracy of final output.
- Ability to act quickly on issues and requests associated with business needs.
- Working knowledge of application implementation and support procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), building database queries, stored procedure writing and report creation, charts and graphs.
- Skill in MS SQL Server & SSRS, Crystal Reports, Excel.
- Supported client reports using an AMS and application based on MS SQL Server platform.
- Query tuning experience, knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server utilities, functions, procedures, triggers, and RDBMS data modeling.
- Database Administration (Indexing, log shipping, DAG) or the willingness to learn
If interested, please complete the Internal Application Form. The process and form for internal applicants can be found on the intranet. All submissions are due, no later than Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (email@example.com) team.