ASSOCIATE EDITOR, AGD IMPACT
The Academy of General Dentistry seeks a new Associate Editor, AGD Impact. The Associate Editor, AGD Impact, brainstorms, sources, writes, edits, proofreads and fact-checks content for AGD’s monthly newsmagazine, AGD Impact, with the objective of accurately informing and engaging the magazine’s readership. He or she also serves as a researcher of complex dentistry trends and topics, and is both big picture-focused and detail-oriented, with proven success in a deadline-driven environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Remains abreast of dental industry news and trends, as well as magazine publishing best practices
- Establishes and maintains correspondence with AGD Impact contributors, as well as AGD’s Editor, Associate Editor and Communications Council members
- Assists the managing editor, AGD Impact, with brainstorming and securing timely and newsworthy AGD Impact content for publication
- Researches complex dentistry- and health care-related topics
- Interviews AGD members and subject-matter experts and writes in-depth news and feature articles
- Adheres to all project deadlines
- Efficiently fact-checks, copyedits and proofreads all AGD Impact content (including the online edition) according to AP Style and AGD’s in-house style guide
- Shifts seamlessly between big-picture, developmental editing and copyediting
- Works with authors and sources to secure their approval of all AGD Impact content
- Assists the managing editor, AGD Impact, in collaborating with designers to marry editorial content and design
- Assists in developing editorial content that can be shared digitally via blogs, social media and e-newsletters
- Collaborates with executive editor and managing editor to edit and write marketing and communications copy for various departmental projects
- Edits blog posts for AGD’s anecdotal blog, The Daily Grind, in collaboration with the managing editor and digital communications strategist
- Assists in the editing, formatting and proofreading of AGD scientific session on-site guide copy
- Assists the General Dentistry editorial team with the proofreading of scientific journal content and page layouts, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or English
At least three to five years of professional experience as a copy editor, magazine and/or newspaper reporter and/or writer.
- Must have an expert working knowledge of AP Stylebook and magazine/newspaper writing.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (email@example.com) team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) team.