ASSOCIATE EDITOR, GENERAL DENTISTRY
The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) seeks an Associate Editor to join its Communications department. The Associate Editor will work closely with the Executive and Technical Editors on one of AGD’s major publications, General Dentistry. Published bimonthly, General Dentistry is a peer reviewed clinical journal featuring articles on topics relevant to general dentists.
In addition to copyediting and proofreading General Dentistry manuscripts using AMA Style,the Associate Editor will assist in the formatting, editing, and proofreading of AGD scientific session copy. Other editorial projects might include marketing and communications copy, blog posts, social media, e-newsletters, etc.
The Associate Editor will also be responsible for overseeing the manuscript submission and peer review process using ScholarOne software.
Essential Job Functions
- Efficiently copyedits and proofreads General Dentistry content according to AMA Style and AGD’s in-house style guide
- Assists in the editing, formatting and proofreading of AGD scientific session on-site guide copy.
- Manages deadlines and workflow, communicating with Executive and Technical Editors to ensure projects stay on track.
- Collaborates with editorial team to edit and write project copy for various other departmental projects, as needed.
- Remains abreast of dental industry news and trends, as well as clinical journal publishing best practices.
- Researches complex dentistry- and health care-related topics.
- Shifts seamlessly between big-picture, developmental editing and copyediting.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or English
- Three to five years of professional experience as a manuscript editor, copy editor, and/or writer.
- An expert working knowledge of AMA Style and scientific research writing.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong background in science preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency using ScholarOne database software preferred.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (email@example.com) team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) team.