ADMINISTRATOR, SCIENTIFIC SESSION EDUCATION
Under the direction of the Manager, Education assist in executing all of the annual Scientific Session education courses. Provide administrative support for the education content of the Scientific Meeting Council (SMC); the Local Advisory Committees (LAC).
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- In conjunction with SMC, assist in the development of an innovative and creative dental education curriculum for the Scientific Session.
- Serve as staff support to the SMC and the LAC to develop the education programs for current and future annual meetings.Provide departmental support for efficient and effective attendee registration of education content.
- Work collaborate with the Manager, Education in securing approved speakers for annual meeting education based on SMC direction. Prepare, track, and execute all speaker program agreements, generate reports, maintain speaker communications and other pertinent documents.
- Execute the proposals of Dental Pearls, Emerging Speakers through the notification process based on SMC consideration. Contract all admitted speakers. Work collaboratively with Corporate Relations Department in executing sponsored education programming as approved by SMC.
- Manage the logistics for all SMC education programs to include obtaining and coordinating course content, session materials and handouts. Work in conjunction with Communications to enter course descriptions, speaker bios and pertinent data for live and virtual education programs.
- Coordinate with Meetings department audiovisual requirements, meeting room configurations and assignments and related program needs including the logistics of ordering and shipping all education materials and staff Participation headquarters on-site during Scientific Session.
- Oversee the Course Manager volunteer program to include recruitment and assignment of course managers, create, develop, and implement training materials. Oversee the student E-poster program including intake, SMC review, and notifying participants of session appointments assignments. Manage relationships with external E-poster platform vendor.
- Work collaborate with Marketing, Communications and Meeting teams to develop effective promotional and registration materials.
- Coordinate with the Manager, Education the collection and reporting of all Scientific Session Continuing Education credits as well as evaluation of Scientific Session Continuing Education courses and speakers. This includes collaboration with the IT department, CE Membership Entry team, and Members/Non-Members as it pertains to CE verification/CE Letter process for SMC education programs, post meeting.
- Assist with organization activities and special projects as directed.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Credentials (years of experience): Three to five years relevant professional experience, preferably in dental or medical adult education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with AGD members, suppliers and staff and present a professional image of AGD through these communications. Possess exceptional PC skills, proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel. Familiarity with Aventri and other registration systems. Be able and willing to learn new software and programs as required. Be flexible, adaptable, have the ability to work on a wide variety of tasks independently and in a team structure, and exercise confidentiality. Possess the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, work independently, and demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail. Possess good organizational skills, excellent analytical and logic skills, excellent customer service skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills with good spelling, proofreading and grammatical skills. Be able to work additional hours and travel as needed.
If interested, please complete the Internal Application Form. The process and form for internal applicants can be found on the intranet. All submissions are due, no later than Thursday, July 18, 2019.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (email@example.com) team.