DIRECTOR, MEMBERSHIP SERVICES
Develops and implements membership recruitment, retention, and engagement strategy. The Director works closely with AGD Management Team, staff, Membership Council, and other volunteer groups to grow membership and improve member satisfaction. Responsible for evaluating systems, policies, procedures and operating to be cost-efficient, improve productivity and the overall effectiveness of the Membership Services Department. Ensure that members receive superior customer service throughout the organization. Recommend and implement best practices.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Develop and lead AGD’s membership retention strategy in collaboration with staff colleagues and key volunteer leaders. Lead the organization’s membership strategy development and operational implementation.
- In conjunction with volunteer leaders and staff, develop and direct AGD’s student, resident, young dentist, and international membership recruitment programs.
- Recommend and jointly develop short and long-range objectives for the department and develop criteria for measuring the achievement of goals.
- Lead and manage the membership services team, which includes the call center, CE Processing, and administrative support staff. Determine staff resources, systems, technology, process, and procedures required to achieve goals. Build and maintain a strong functional team and always ensure cross training and adequate coverage. Serve as a mentor and coach.
- Ensures top-level customer service is provided to members throughout AGD. Work closely with Human Resources and others to identify and implement ongoing customer service training and systems. Serves as back-up for responding to difficult member inquiries.
- Perform quality assurance on all membership reports confirming accuracy. Collect information on comparable associations for benchmarking.
- Responsible for developing and managing the annual budget for Membership Services Department. Measure the return on investment (ROI) for membership.
- Build relationships with constituent/regional leaders to increase local recruitment, retention, and engagement. Share effective strategies and programs to be implemented at the local level.
- Liaison to the Membership Council, and oversight of New Dentist Committee, and the American Student Dental Association (ASDA) relationship. Provide support to other volunteer groups, members and leaders as assigned.
- Ensure the timely production and distribution of AGD annual member dues billing and renewal materials, including benefits guides and membership cards. Responsible for ensuring data integrity, dues management, membership data/records, and prospects in
sufficient detail to support the activities of the organization.
- Develop collaborative relationships with local groups and organizations that support the work of AGD.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline; Master’s degree and/or CAE preferred.
Credentials (years of experience): Ten+ years of professional experience in membership services, including a minimum of five years managing a high-functioning team, significant experience working with association management software. Proven accomplishments in membership growth and operations. PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, iMIS and report-writing packages. Previous marketing experience a plus. CAE a plus.
NOTE: If interested, please send resume to AGD.Resumes@agd.org
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (AGD.Resumes@agd.org) team.