Under the direction of the Manager/Director, Finance, performs accounting functions consistent with the goals and objectives of the association and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Accountant, AR assists with monthly financial reporting, prepares journal entries, and completes account reconciliations. Assist with organization activities and special projects as directed.
Essential Job Functions: (duties may not be ranked by order of importance)
- Prepare journal entries according to requirements of monthly financial closing schedule
- Maintain general ledger reports and journal binders as directed
- Reconcile departmental daily dues and Membership lockbox batches prior to entry of data in iMIS. Send all corresponding exceptions invoices and/or check copies that could not be processed during the regular bank processes to Membership
- Check bank account daily to determine if ACH payments were received. Download any payments received and forward to appropriate departments
- Create weekly batches for deposits received. Work with the Finance Specialist to create coordinating batches in iMis and distribute the supporting documents to the appropriate staff
- Prepare iMis import journal entries, run iMis integration, and close iMis on a monthly basis
- Create preliminary financial statements and trial balances. Distribute to budget managers monthly for their review
- Research and resolve credit card chargebacks
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and, as required, recommend adjusting entries
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliations for the 560 W Lake Street building and work with the building management company to ensure proper accounting.
- Support the timely and accurate reporting of financial information according to deadlines approved by the Manager/Director, Finance and published in a monthly closing schedule
- Prepare annual audit work papers and schedules as directed
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliations of all AGD bank statements
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounting issues that occur during the annual dues receipts processing.
- Cross-train on all Finance team work as directed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required.
Credentials (years of experience): Three years of professional experience in accounting, preferably in an association or other not for profit environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of general financial and cost accounting
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to general accepted accounting principles
- Highly proficient in accounting software, database systems, and general computer usage
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources team.
AGD is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources (AGD.Resumes@agd.org) team.